Web-based businesses are not only digitally outsourcing their creative and technical tasks – they’re also hiring assistants to handle all sorts of administrative duties. And so online business idea VIRTUAL ASSISTANT – ADMIN SUPPORT is a growing option for work at home entrepreneurs. If you have administrative or secretarial experience, this may be a great option for you.
You will likely be juggling several concurrent duties as an Admin Support VA, so this is a path best suited for ardent multi-taskers. Your tasks will probably include managing your client’s email inbox, responding to messages, and sorting email into the appropriate subfolders. You may also be responsible for:
Responsibilities of an Administrative Virtual Assistant
- Booking appointments
- Receptionist duties
- Calendar management
- Social media management
- Content research
- Report creation
- Blog management (wordpress 101)
- Virtual Support or answering support tickets
- Network and link building, blog commenting
- Autoresponder setup
- And more…
You also may be tasked with managing personal or confidential data of your client: that includes paperwork like tax returns, invoices, project proposals, and so on. So building trust is KEY!
5 Tips: online business idea VIRTUAL ASSISTANT – ADMIN SUPPORT
1) Differentiate – The field of “administrative support” is a particularly broad one, so you’ll need to find ways to differentiate yourself from the competition. Try not to differentiate on price…being the low cost leader in virtual assistants won’t get you very far :). Click here for further ideas on differentiation for solopreneurs.
2) Get Certified – To start, become a member of the International Virtual Assistants Association (IVAA), an advocacy group dedicated to improving and advancing the career paths of Virtual Assistants. Once you’ve joined, you can search their free directory for available work. Also, consider joining business organizations like your local Chamber of Commerce and service clubs like Rotary, Kiwanis, etc…as face to face interaction is the best way to build trust and find busy clients that need support. Professional organizations like this can be a great resource for generating leads.
3) Find the people that need you – Meetups can also be another way to find entrepreneurs in need of help.
4) Get Organized from the beginning – Make sure you are organized, quick, and efficient with all the tools and resources needed for success. Create as many go to templates as possible to maximize scalability.
5) Start your own website – Nothing speaks louder to a prospective client than a thorough and attractive website showcasing your services. After all, if you can manage your own effective website, that implies that you can do the same for others. This gives you increased visibility, as well as more legitimacy in the eyes of prospective clients. It can also be used as a tool linking to scheduling, communication, and task status tools.
Online Business Idea Virtual Assistant – Places to Start
Strategic Office Support – Expert VA services and Training
Chantel Brankshire – Successful VA Business
IVAA Search – Find certified VA’s
Start a Career as a Virtual Assistant – Udemy Course